ScribbleScrabble

Monday, August 01, 2005

Back to Basics

As I was waiting for the bus, with my luggage and stuff, ready to move to my temporary apartment, I sat silently at the bus stop. I looked around. The streets were empty. Nobody there, nobody walking, nobody hustling and bustling. There was a calmness in the air. Only the rustle of leaves as the wind blew gently. There was an occasional sight: the bunny rabbit hopping through the bushes. Birds were chirping. All was serene. And then it came to me. This was it... the very basics of life. Finding serenity, and peace at heart. There's not much to life. We just make it too much. Sometimes we're too caught up in our ambitions, in our expectations, in challenges, that we can never enjoy the moment. Take time. Sit there, enjoy the air, enjoy the breeze. Enjoy the simple things in life. And be thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home