ScribbleScrabble

Friday, March 11, 2005

Sign of Spring

I wake up to the classic Mozart tune blaring from my cellphone. From the piercing sound of it, you could tell it’s not a polyphonic; one that would instantly woe me back to sleep with its soft soothing tone, of course. So I’m thankful for this blaring sound. Just the thing I need to pull me out of my deep luscious sleep. I look at the time 8:30. Good, I have 15 more minutes of sleep until my alarm clock blasts away with a crazy sound as well.

When the second alarm finally goes off, I get up sleepily, my eyes half open. I turn off my night lamp. No need to open the shades yet. Why let the whole world see me in this zombie state? I head for the bathroom, click the lights on. I blink away as I adjust to the bright neon white light. I turn the faucet, half cold half hot. I put my hand under the running water and wash my face sleepily. I slowly start my morning ordeal: brush, floss, and gurgle away at a cap full of Listerine.

I head back to my room. There’s a luring temptation to snuggle back to that nice warm bed. Instead, I turn to channel 22, and pay close attention to Insight’s weather channel. Urbana-Champaign: 50 degrees Farenheit?! Yipeee yaaay!!! There’s a sudden burst of energy as I grab my jeans and put my favorite bright pink shirt on. I open the drawer to find a fresh pair of socks and struggle to get my sneakers on.

The blinking red lights on my microwave show 9:20. I rush for my jacket and head out the door. No time for breakfast. And there’s my Monday & Wednesday morning routine.

Outside I breathe the nice crisp air. The sun trickles down on you and the sky is blue. Bright blue, with fluffy white clouds. How nice it is! Just great! As you walk briskly, you can still feel a nice tinge of cold all over but you know it’s there, it’s coming….the very signs of spring!!

Don’t you just love it? The bright sun, it’s a sign of hope, a distant positive vibe coming your way. You don’t know how soon it will come or how long it will last, but you know the cold will wash away, and warmth will rush into you. So no matter how bad the weather gets, keep believing in the sun. And you can’t help but find a smile on your face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home