ScribbleScrabble

Sunday, April 17, 2005

For My Dear Friend Out There (you know who you are)

Quick somebody help me
Quick somebody tell me
Define love for me
Tell me what it is
Show me how it works
For to this day I know not what love is

I once thought I had the greatest love of all
A true undying love
Love that will last and pass the test of time
One I was sure to die without

So somebody please tell me
And tell me quick
Why is it that I no longer mourn?
Why is it that I can still smile?
Why is it that I can still laugh?
Without what I once thought was the air I breathe

Someone help me
Someone tell me
Was it love or mere infatuation?
Was it passion or was it fear?

So here’s a message to my dear friend out there
Who is convinced of the enduring love she has
Please take one step back
So you can leap the miles you truly deserve

You will walk in the dark
And you will hurt
Tears will pour
And scars will cut you
But as the wise man says, have faith
For time heals all wounds

Believe and keep believing
Your heart is yours and yours alone
All that was meant to be will be
Everything will resolve itself

So have courage my dear friend
Take the first step
And every bit of pain you suffer will redeem itself
Soon the numbness will melt away
And a brand new day will arrive

The day you can smile
The day you can laugh
The day you can joke
And the tears you shed will no longer be of hurt
But of pure gratefulness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home