ScribbleScrabble

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Love at First Sight

We went to Walmart a couple of weeks ago. Not one of my favorite places to shop, but since I tagged along (alias menebeng), I didn’t have much of a say in choosing where to shop. Anyway, as I was walking through the millions of aisles in that superstore, while listening to William Hung blaring through their speakers (yes, they actually played his album!!), I ran across a bright red foldable “mushroom chair.” It was love at first sight! Especially because right behind the display, was a big bold label indicating “SALE $15.” I don’t know if I fell in love with the chair itself, or the thought of being able to buy a chair for 15 bucks. I always did want to buy a comfy chair for myself, but come to think of it, there’s not so much room in my dorm for an extra chair. I walked away from the display but couldn’t get that chair out of my head. Then I thought, “What the heck! I’ll just take the chair!”

The lovely chair has been in my room for two weeks or so. I’ve only sat on it not more than five times, each time not more than 5 minutes. Now it’s become just another place for me to put all my junk.

This tells me something about love at first sight. There may be such a thing. But, there’s no guarantee that that love will still exist at second, third, or fourth sight! So before you make any hash decision, think and think again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home