ScribbleScrabble

Friday, April 21, 2006

Bells-a-ringin

It’s not too often reality hits me in the face. I’ve always had my way of doing things, and have never regretted the choices I’ve made in life. Like they say, anywhere you go, any step you take, there’s always a lesson to be learned. But it wasn’t until I was browsing through my tons of unopened emails that some things began to strike me.

On my Tonggak-tonggak Tak Bernyawa mailing list (featuring the incredible Sanur girls of A3y), two invitations to upcoming weddings were posted: Ella’s on May 21st and Sheren’s on June 3rd. Of course, I couldn’t be happier for my dear friends. But it seems as if the second wave of weddings is starting to take toll.


When we had just graduated from college, the first generation of A3y brides walked down the aisle: Meiltrine, Dini, Femmy, Bian, Yani, Maureen (uhmmm, I hope I didn’t miss any names). Now they’ve become the Mommy Club who will be bringing their babies to the next reunion. Isn’t that so cute?? Wish I could be there.

I’m clustering the newlyweds and brides-to-be: Maya, Mbe, Ella, and Sheren into the second wave bride category. The numbers are shifting, but I guess I’m still with the majority who hasn’t posted invitations just yet. Let’s see, there were 32 people in our class, so I guess there are still 22 fun-fearless-single-females left among us. Pheeew… still safe there!

My FEUI 96 mailing list posted an invitation to a class reunion; to celebrate a decade being bound by the yellow jacket. Ten years??!! Wow, that’s been a while! Sure enough, bells rang loudly calling me to reflect upon myself. Where have I been? What have I achieved? It just seems like time has flown by and I’m standing still in my place. Career wise, I’ve been here and there, doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that. The past two years I’ve been hitting the books, in other words taking a vacation from reality. The way I see it, school is like a hiding place, a safe resort where you can lead a slower pace in life, and still get away with it ;P. But time is ticking and calls to return to reality are pulling at me. It’s time get back in the game – time to play in the game of life!

Uuughh… berat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home