ScribbleScrabble

Friday, April 14, 2006

Athens, Ohio

Ok... so these are some of the pictures I took in Ohio. It may not seem like much. Well, that's because there really wasn't that much to see or do. Hahahaa....
So I went to Athens because I had long promised Anis that I would come and see her. This in turn led me to disappointing the Champaign Beyatches since that meant I couldn't join Yudis & Paksi on their road trip to Atlanta and Tampa!!! I know it sucks... but someone out there convinced me to be consistent with my decisions-and although I missed out on some crazy times with the guys (n could've prevented some unwanted gossip)- I have no regrets.

So I stayed at Anis' place and she was the sweetest host ever. It was winter and cold, especially since I had been in warm San Francisco the week before. So all I ever did was sleep when I got to Athens. Waking up mid-day was part of our routine schedule. Then Anis and I would take time chit-chatting and doing nothing, and by the time we ready to head out, it woud've already been dark outside. So apparently it would've been too late to tour the ol' haunted campus of Ohio University. And as it was the midst of Winter Break, Athens was a dead town nearly the whole time I was there.

OK, picture time...

Mbak Lina-Ange-Brutus-Yogi
Moi with the OSU mascot
Moi again
Ok, those three pictures were in Columbus-at the airport. I spent a week in Ohio, and managned to be at that airport 3 different times. 1) when I landed from SF 2) when we picked Mbak SQ-who had just come from Indonesia- up 3) when I was flying off to Chicago... aiyaaa...
Mbak Lina-Papanya Annaya-Yogi, Ange, Mbak SQ dgn potongan rambut baru (tampak belakang)
Preparing for New Year's dinner; staying in for NYs?!!! Makan dodol durian, eh ketan duren, atau apa yah namanya? Yang jelas ueeenaaak!

With Yogi -king of dangdut cabang Athens; Ange-sok sibuk bantu2, padahal sih semangat makannya aja tuh yang menggebu
Di depan rumah Pak Amarell yang dihiasi lampu2

picture taken down by request
ceritanya nih foto candid kali ya...? Nah akhirnya bareng Jeng Anis, sang tuan rumah. Terima kasih ya nduuuuk...dah ditebengin manusia kebo

wah... akhirnya sampai kampus Ohio University juga loh..meski udah gelap.. Itu di depan gedung apa ya..? hehehe lupa juga...

Terima kasih ya teman2 yang menemani dan meramaikan kunjungan singkat saya ke Athens!!! Termasuk semua oknum yang berpartisipasi menciptakan rekor saya pergi ke Walmart kira2 4-5 kali dalam seminggu itu..Nanti kalian aja deh yang main ke Champaign... dijamin lebih seru!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home