ScribbleScrabble

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Thanks!!

I hate packing. I’ve always hated packing. Plus, I’m a procrastinator. Put that together, I get something called Packing Like Crazy at the Last Minute. So it was my final night in Urbana. I had just gotten back from buying last minute titipans at Walmart. When I got back to my apartment, accompanied by Etta & Paksi, I realized I still had a ton to do.

First and foremost, I had a bunch of past exams I needed to discard. I couldn’t just throw them out for fear some smartass would pick it up and leak the questions to future adv 481 students. So I bought a paper shredder for Etta & Paksi to have fun with. Turns out there were more problems made then solved. The shredder worked according to its own mood, dying down whenever it grew hot or tired. Ms. Etta our Electrical Engineer was very attentive with the machine-using patience, water, and tweezers to urge the machine to work again.

So I guess you ask, where the hell is this girl’s priority scale, having friends play around with a shredder on her last nite in Champaign. Well, I can’t answer. I know I should’ve started earlier, or just put more thought into packing. But my heart had been so heavy about leaving that I just couldn’t force myself to do it. Talk about lack of determination I guess-and of course that tendency to leave things till the last minute.

Well, if it weren’t for Paksi and Etta who cheered me on thru the nite, and helped me out with everything, I would’ve had a thorough mental breakdown. I was repacking clothes into the vacuum bag, since one of them suddenly stopped functioning optimally. I was sucking air out of bags past midnite, and vacuuming my room by early morning. My poor roommate, she must’ve also had a sleepless nite, from all the noise. The vacuum also managed to drop itself onto my legs, well it may be better stated that I managed to drop the heavy vacuum onto myself that set me to laughter and tears at the same moment.

So the three of us worked thru the nite. None of us got any sleep. Etta…. I’m so sorry I put you thru all that trouble… I know you’ve never been that great at staying up, and u are one of the most organized people I have ever known, so I’m sure what you experienced shocked you. I’m sure it didn’t even hit you in the face until I left and everything passed by. You just saw a panicked friend and you gave me all the support I needed – you can’t tell how much I appreciated that.

And Paksi, I know you’ve never been the type to be so hot on helping people pack & move about. In short, you’re not “keyudis-yudisan” who’d jump at any opportunity for a pahala-giving workout session by helping people pack and move. Although staying up late has never been a problem for you, I know how difficult it is for you to even walk up a flight of steps. So I know you’ve put in a lot of effort to help me out, carrying boxes up and about, throwing out trash, going up and down two (not just one) long flight of steps. So I hope you know that you’re help did not go unnoticed. So can’t thank you enough.

So to Etta & Paksi, I am so ever thankful. I love you both.

And of course I have to thank Lia, who appeared as the most beautiful being that early morning of the 31st, (because she was the only one with decent sleep & bath-and because she’s just plain beautiful – u know I’m not the only one who says that) and helpingly drove us to the airport.

Plus, I have to thank Driya who came by the airport with the sweetest goodbye card ever. We had a splendid time the nite before. Well Paksi… If you’re ever in need of a drinking buddy, you know who else to call now… heheeh…

And although he left for Jakarta earlier, I can’t leave Ardi out, cuz of course he helped with those boxes I shipped out. Carrying & helping me pack up that stuff, and driving to Chicago with a car full of boxes I know wasn’t all that fun.

So guys… there’s nothing I can say now, except thank you, not just for being there but showing that you really care. You’ve certainly outdone yourselves, cuz you’ve certainly used as Extreme would say more than words is all you have to do to make it real !!

So thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
From the bottom of my heart.

PS. I’ll try to be a better packer the next time round ;P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home