ScribbleScrabble

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Getting Hit On

My final days in Champana were filled with many lasts… last dinner with my roommate, last call to friends, last errands, last trip to Walmart, and one which I am especially happy to announce is my last eventful packing experience (I will go into this in a later post).

Among the last rituals I attempted was my last, as Paksi would call, “ajojing disco dancing.” Well we made plans here & there, in Champaign & Chicago, but all attempts were failed. One planned trip to Soma, ended with sleepy souls at the Stake ‘n Shake (padahal dah niat dandan gitu loh), a planned event at the Hunt after Japonais, ended with full stomachs and dizzy heads (too much MSG!!) at Triple Crown, and another planned trip to Soma was filled with disappointments as Soma was closed for Memorial Day (I think). So, on my 2nd to last night in Champaign we ended up doing casual drinks at Cowboy Monkey. The members: Ange-Etta-Driya-Lia and Paksi. Well at first there were 4 of us, minus Lia. Then Lia called and said she wanted to join, so Paksi went to pick her up, leaving three gorgeous girls with three gorgeous drinks at the table.

Eventually, as I was calling to check up on Paksi & Lia’s whereabout, a not-so-gorgeous guy came to our table. He asked if we would mind him joining us. Of course we would, but evidently no one had the guts to say so. In the midst of my phone call, looking away from the guy, I told Driya, “Ini cowok gak jelas ngapain sih? Udah usir aja Dri, bilang aja kita gak tertarik.” And here’s what happened after:

Driya: What? What did you say?
The Guy: Do you mind if I join you guys?
Driya: Sorry, what? I didn’t here you. What did you say?
Me (in my head): starting to laugh
The Guy: lit up his cigarette and reached for the ashtray in the middle of our table
Me (in my head) OMG, ni orang pede banget sih, gak tahu ya dicuekin, kok gak pergi2 sih?
The Guy: slurring some unclear words…(not that he was too drunk)
Etta: looked away, awed, in shock, speechless

Me (calling Paksi): Woiii di mana siiiih? Buruan dong, lagi digangguin cowok gak jelas nih
Paksi (on the other line): Huahhahahha… Iya ini dah mo nyampe kok.

The Driya came with her magic line:
Driya: Sorry, no English
Me: ketawa terbahak-bahak
The Guy: astounded, pressed his luck by staying a little while, and finally left

Huahahaha ancur. Lucu loe Dri!!! You’ve definitely got spice girl!That was the funniest thing ever… We totally cracked ourselves up afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home