ScribbleScrabble

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Watch Out for the Seeds!

As I was late heading for campus today, I had to skip breakfast. Obviously, by the time I was through with office hours this afternoon, I was nearly starved. At home, I realized I didn’t have any ready food to eat. I decided make some pasta, and whilst waiting for water to boil, I stuffed myself with some grapes. They were red globe grapes -with seeds - made in Chile. And… they were absolutely delicious, sweet to the very pit. The only thing that kept me from gobbling up the round fruits were the seeds. I had to be careful not to swallow or choke on them. How I wished they were seedless, but then again, even seedless grapes have seeds in them, and none could compare to the grapes I had today.

Then for a split second, I stopped to think. Isn’t that the way everything is though? Most of the time, you can’t have everything you want. No matter how sweet your life is, you still have to watch for the seeds. You can be filthy rich but have a flawed nose. Even if you had the money to fix your nose, you’d still have to deal with your insecurities. You may have the perfect home, the perfect job, the perfect body, or the most perfect partner, but there’s bound to be a thing or two you’d like different. Nobody’s perfect, it’s only part of being human. The roads in life are never perfect either, and that’s part of learning. Learning to make compromises and being happy with it.

After all, what you want may not be what’s best for you. So you can set goals, set your strategies, strive for what you want, but there’ll always be seeds in the way. You have to make an effort, and overcome obstacles. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. But one thing’s for sure, there’s no such thing as a free easy ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home