ScribbleScrabble

Monday, July 10, 2006

Tambah Satu Umurku, Bukan Kecil Lagi

Birthday present #1
Got stood up by my professor. Made an appointment to meet my Kajur at 10 am, Monday morning. Turns out my prof had been sick since the week before and couldn’t make it to campus that morning. I wonder why his secretary hadn’t informed me about his illness earlier. Had I known, I would’ve made a later appointment so I would have time to confirm his availability that day. Oh well, tough luck.

Birthday present #2
Witnessed a throw up. Took the Mayasari Bhakti Patas 84 from Kelapa Gading to Depok and back home again. Cheap Rp 4.500,- one way. Big bus, full AC. Note: taking the car to Depok costs nearly Rp 70.000 nowadays (Rp 50.000 for gas, Rp 16.000 for the not-so-free-way, and Rp 2.000 for UI entry), so taking the bus was a great alternative for thrifty me. Better yet, the road was packed on the way home, so thank goodness I wasn’t driving. Anyway, I grabbed an aisle seat. Across from me was a young lady carrying a baby in her arms. Sitting beside her were her 2 sisters, it seems. As I was trying to fall asleep listening to Dewa blasting from the speakers I saw some commotion from the corner of my eye. The lady across me nearly threw up in her baby’s face. Good thing her sister quickly took the baby and she was left to barf into a big black plastic bag. Eueww…

Birthday present #3
My Dad went missing. I knew my dad was scheduled to come in from Amsterdam that Monday morning at 10.10 since I was the one who took care of his itinerary. But until 4 pm that evening, my dad was nowhere to be seen or heard. Since my dad has his regulation against carrying a cellphone, we couldn’t contact him at all. We called his hotel in Amsterdam but he had already checked out. We called the airline and his name wasn’t on the flight. I kept checking the email, but there was no news, nothing. Great! Knowing my dad, no news is good news, but still, we worried a bit. Good thing my dad came home the next day. It turns out his flight was double booked and more than 20 people had to spend the night at Schiphol. It also turns out that he had sent a fax home informing his whereabouts but it never got to us. Come to think of it, I did remember Bayu Buana saying his return flight was still on waiting list, but I assumed they settled the matter before issuing the ticket. Furthermore, the travel agent didn’t remind me of the waiting list issue when I picked the ticket up. So it couldn’t have been my fault, could it?? Duuh… I hope not… But in the end everything was resolved, wasn’t it?

So that was how I spent my first 24 hours as a 28 year old (eeeh..tua!). Well, at least I got to see all my other relatives, and my dearest friends sent me their wishes. Jess & Kris came back from Bali that day, and Oon also came by. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home