ScribbleScrabble

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Call for Desperate Measures

On a bright Saturday afternoon, at 3 o’clock, came a phone call from IDF. Turns out there’d been several calls since 1 o’clock from their number in Cikini, but because I left my cell in my room, I didn’t hear a thing. Alkisah, IDF had been preparing their program booklet that needed to go into printing at 8 pm that night. The problem was, their designated translator had to go out of town and couldn’t finish one (the largest) portion of the booklet. Rumor has it they asked another translator to do the job, but apparently her work was not up to standard a.k.a abal-abal. So they called me to do the emergency job. Eight pages double spaced in less than 5 hours. Yeee….yang bener aja. Padahal kan jam 6 sore gw ada acara di Kotabaru. That means I’d have to have it all done in 3 hours. Impossible! But eniwhooo, I couldn’t really say no since that would indirectly mean I refuse to help my dad. Too bad he was still on a plane from Surabaya, so I couldn’t complain. I asked the IDF crew for a time extension and sent the job past midnite. Now I wonder whether I’m gonna be paid! Hehehe… I already told them my rate was in dollars now. They just laughed. If only they’d asked me to do the job from the start -- could’ve paid me double the rate than waste it on that abal-abal translator. Oh well, we’ll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home