ScribbleScrabble

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Reason Behind

I opened my email that day never expecting to read the following words…

“The PhD Committee convened, and I am pleased to inform you that we have admitted you to our PhD program in International Management with focus on Marketing for the Fall 2008.
We are looking for a few young, bright doctoral students who share with us the dream to bring our research reputation to the next level. Your profile and academic aspiration fit our research orientation. We expect to place you in a respected research institution after you graduate. If you choose to join us, you will be offered an 11-month graduate assistantship….”


That was it. The email that has and will continue to turn my life around. And to receive it only 17 days after sending in my formal application, it’s like a match made in heaven. Somehow, I now believe, that somewhere out there, someone is working up a storm to direct my life down here.
Now, I would have to pack my bags and leave for Honolulu, hopefully to spend four years of my life as a grad student at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. God is good. There is a perfect time and a perfect place for everything.

And thus the reason why factors 1, 2, 3 in my previous blog have now turned a 180.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home